The DVD box set was released on March 18, 2014.
Following the sudden murder of a Latina Beverly Hills maid, college professor, Marisol Suarez (Ana Ortiz), goes undercover and takes the position of the Stappord couple's cleaning lady in order to learn the truth about who killed Flora. Marisol meets and befriends four other Latina maids by the names of Rosie Falta (Dania Ramirez), who works for the Westmore family, Carmen Luna (Roselyn Sanchez), who works for Alejandro Rubio, Zoila Diaz (Judy Reyes), and her daughter, Valentina (Edy Ganem), who work for Genevieve Delatour. Without her new friends realizing, Marisol gathers enough information and tracks down the killer, thus freeing the her son, who was framed for the maid's murder.
For a breakdown of the characters' appearances, check here.
- Ana Ortiz - Marisol Duarte (13/13)
- Dania Ramirez - Rosie Falta (13/13)
- Roselyn Sanchez - Carmen Luna (13/13)
- Judy Reyes - Zoila Diaz (12/13)
- Edy Ganem - Valentina Diaz (13/13)
- Rebecca Wisocky - Evelyn Powell (10/13)
- Tom Irwin - Adrian Powell (10/13)
- Brianna Brown - Taylor Stappord (9/13)
- Brett Cullen - Michael Stappord (9/13)
- Mariana Klaveno - Peri Westmore (10/13)
- Grant Show - Spence Westmore (10/13)
- Drew Van Acker - Remi Delatour (9/13)
- Wolé Parks - Sam Alexander (8/13)
- and Susan Lucci - Genevieve Delatour (11/13)
- Matt Cedeño - Alejandro Rubio (10/13)
- Maria Howell - Ida Hayes (8/13)1
- Melinda Page Hamilton - Odessa Burakov (7/13)
- Stephen Collins - Philippe Delatour (6/13)
- Paula Garces - Flora Hernandez (7/13)
- Eddie Hassell - Eddie Suarez (5/13)
- Valerie Mahaffey - Olivia Rice (5/13)
- Alex Fernandez - Pablo Diaz (3/13)
- Octavio Westwood - Miguel Falta (2/13)
- Anne Holt - News Anchor (1/13)
1 Not credited in "Walking the Dog".
- Marc Cherry (4 Episodes)
- Gloria Calderon Kellett (2 Episodes)
- Victor Levin (2 Episodes)
- Tanya Saracho (2 Episodes)
- Brian Tanen (2 Episodes)
- John Paul Bullock III (1 Episode)
- Rob Bailey (2 Episodes)
- Tawnia McKiernan (2 Episodes)
- John Scott (2 Episodes)
- Larry Shaw (2 Episodes)
- David Warren (2 Episodes)
- Tara Nicole Weyr (2 Episodes)
- Paul McGuigan (1 Episode)
|01||"Pilot"||06||"Walking the Dog"||10||"Hanging the Drapes"|
|02||"Setting the Table"||07||"Taking a Message"||11||"Cleaning Out the Closet"|
|03||"Wiping Away the Past"||08||"Minding the Baby"||12||"Getting Out the Blood"|
|04||"Making Your Bed"||09||"Scrambling the Eggs"||13||"Totally Clean"|
|05||"Taking Out the Trash"|
Setting the Table
Wiping Away the Past
Making Your Bed
Taking Out the Trash
Walking the Dog
Taking a Message
Minding the Baby
Scrambling the Eggs
Hanging the Drapes
Cleaning Out the Closet
Getting Out the Blood
- Episode titles of this season are based off of maid related tasks.
- The background song for this season's promotional videos is "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich" by Lady Gaga.
- The first season introduces the central main cast of characters: Ana Ortiz as Marisol Suarez, a college professor who takes the job of a maid when undercover; Latina maids Dania Ramirez as Rosie Falta; Roselyn Sanchez as Carmen Luna; Judy Reyes as Zoila Diaz; and Edy Ganem as Valentina Diaz. Additionally, Rebecca Wisocky and Tom Irwin portray Evelyn and Adrian Powell; Brianna Brown and Brett Cullen play the roles of Taylor and Michael Stappord; Mariana Klaveno and Grant Show bring to life the characters Peri and Spence Westmore; Wolé Parks plays Sam Alexander; and Drew Van Acker and Susan Lucci portray Remi and Genevieve Delatour, all of which are billed as main characters.
- Brown, Cullen, Klaveno, and Parks all leave the main cast following this season, but Brown and Cullen are repromoted for the show's third season.
- Ortiz, Ramirez, Sanchez, and Ganem are the only actors to be featured in every episode of the season.
- Actress Gina Rodriguez was offered a starring role on the show, but ultimately turned it down after finding the storylines limiting.
Gallery of videos used to promote the season.
Gallery of photographic posters used to promote the season.